Locally owned & operated since 1976
At Sleep Boutique, we do things differently. In fact, we’re kind of the opposite of most mattresses stores you’ve probably checked out.
We’re a locally owner-operated sleep store in Calgary, Alberta. We’ve been designing and building mattresses over 40 years (since 1976). We have extensive product knowledge; we know what materials perform the best and how to fit someone into the right mattress. We design and manufacture made-to-order mattresses for both residential and commercial clients.
“When we went to other stores, they just want to move inventory, they just want to sell you what’s on their floor, even though it may not be what you need or want. Colin isn’t interested in moving a specific piece of inventory – he is focused on building you what you need.”
Walter Riley, Sleep Boutique Customer
We spend whatever amount of time it takes to fit you into the right mattress, before and after the sale. No matter what.
Mission and Values
Too often, mattress suppliers give standardized options to non-standard sleep issues, or pressure people to buy stocked mattresses that cannot be flipped or maintained, and thus have a short lifespan.
At Sleep Boutique, our mission is to provide a mattress that is built exactly to your needs, at a level of quality that can be maintained for a lifetime of use.
- Inform the customer. We want you to understand your mattress’ construction – to be fully confident in the materials used and the construction.
- Carefully assess your sleep habits. We always hope that you will become a lifetime customer, so we take the time to learn what your sleep needs really are. The more we learn, the better mattress solution we can give.
- No sales pressure. Our salespeople are non-commissioned; they are essentially mattress consultants who are looking to tailor the product to you, not trying to get rid of stock on the floor, because we in fact do not sell stock products.
- Custom built, but not slowly. Using a small manufacturing setup doesn’t mean we don’t want to be prompt and efficient. We use the most modern shop tools to save time and achieve consistency, to reduce costs. We don’t aim to be needlessly expensive.
- Quality materials, well-purchased. The average customer may not be aware that there are various grades of foams. We’ve noted that the biggest competitors will not use real latex foam (memory foam is a lower quality substitute); so, in fact, it turns out that we actually buy just as much volume of latex as the big chains. This means for quality mattresses, we are very competitive.
- We make the factory accessible. We believe that people ought to be able to come into the shop to see their mattresses being built, and we enjoy the atmosphere of a small business. If you’re in Calgary, we’d love to see you and give you a tour.
- We think like a service, not a product business. Although we’re selling goods, we think like a service business because each customer gets an experience, and the product is a result of that experience. We always start with the customers’ needs, and then tailor to that, rather than persuading them to buy what we’ve already produced. Each product is made to order.