A good sleep pattern can help you maintain your health, stay fresh and be active. Studies claim that people with sleeplessness often face many health issues and conditions. In fact, sleep pattern is a vital indicator of a person’s overall health and well-being. Here is a detailed description on the right amount of sleep that every person needs.
How much sleep do we need?
It is important for a person to understand the right amount of sleep he or she needs. Lying down in bed is not sleeping. What makes a sleep restful is a sound sleep pattern with at least four hours of undisturbed sleep. Although researchers cannot come to a conclusion on the topic of exact sleep range for people of all age groups, they have a recommended sleep pattern range.
What is the recommended range of time for sleeping?
Recently, the recommended sleep ranges were revised by an expert panel. Here is a summary of the new recommendations for all age groups:
- Newborns: The new recommended list says the sleep range for newborns is 14-17 hours each day.
- Infants: For infants between three to 11 months, the sleep range is 12-15 hours.
- Toddlers: The sleep range for toddlers up to two years is 11-14 hours.
- Preschoolers: Kids of the age 3-5 should sleep at least for 10-13 hours each day.
- School age children: The sleep range for children up to the age of 13 is for 9-11 hours.
- Teenagers: Teens should sleep for 8-10 hours each day.
- Younger adults: For young adults up to 24 years of age, the sleep range is 7-9 hours.
- Adults: Sleep range for adults up to 64 years of age is 7-9 hours.
- Seniors: Sleep range is 7-8 hours for people of the age 65 and above.
It is important for humans to maintain their sleep health. A good night’s sleep leaves you feeling fresh throughout the day. Stimulants like energy drinks, caffeine rich drinks and external lights can also deteriorate sleep pattern. A good or custom mattress can also make your sleep more enjoyable and restful too. New Euro-top memory foam mattresses also support all body types. Those in Calgary who want to change their mattress or replace their mattress topper with a memory foam topper should book an appointment with a specialty mattress store in Calgary.
Visit Sleep Boutique
Your 100% Canadian Calgary mattress store for more advice or to find the mattress or pillow that’s best for you. (403) 287-1960 www.sleepboutique.ca – A Perfect Sleep Starts Here. Yours truly, Colin Crump.
If you are looking for more sleep and wellness advice, or want book Colin for your next event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us.